- Administrators Arts Academy
September 21, 2017 - September 23, 2017
The Administrators Arts Academy, September 21-23 in Juneau, is designed for principals and district office leaders from the six New Visions Network Districts below:
- Bering Straits School District
- Copper River School District
- Kodiak School District
- Lower Kuskokwim School District
- North Slope Borough School District
- Sitka School District
Hosted by Bering Strait School District, University of Alaska Southeast, and Alaska Arts Education Consortium (AAEC) and made possible by a Title II grant award from DEED with support from ASCA.
The Goals and Outcomes of the Academy are:
- Familiarize participants with the new Alaska Arts Standards (including Visual Arts, Music, Theatre, Dance, Media Arts, aligned with Cultural Standards for Alaskan students)
- Provide experiential and pedagogical sessions designed to increase confidence and understanding of the value of the arts and culture in student engagement, motivation, attendance
- Equip participants with tools and resources to use in school sites, to introduce teachers and para-professionals to the Arts Standards and Arts Integration strategies
- Showcase models of schools focused on the arts as central to instruction
- Create a community of Alaskan leaders, linked by mechanisms to collaborate and support each other throughout the year
- Develop school based arts action plans, including documentation of impact to share with colleagues and university staff
Grant funding will pay for roundtrip travel to Juneau, hotel accommodations, per diem, airport shuttle, transport & art supplies for your school. 1 graduate is credit available.
Dates: Arrive Juneau Sept 21 afternoon; Depart Sunday Sept. 24 morning (or after 5 pm on Saturday).
Each district will determine which administrators are attending. If you are an identified school leader planning to attend the Administrators Arts Academy from one of the New Visions Districts, please register below.
Right now we are collecting preliminary information enabling us send out a more comprehensive Survey Monkey to each of you at a later date. (Note: you may register more than one person at one time by selecting the number to be registered.)
Classroom Location to be Announced