AAEC is proud to begin 2013, our eleventh year, with 27 District Members and eight Partner Organizations, representing over 89% of Alaska students.
We are a non-profit organization committed to preparing and supporting educators so that they can teach the arts in and across the curriculum. We believe that all students can reach their full potential and that in many cases, the arts are key to student success.
As a member of AAEC you will receive:
- Priority space for your teachers in our statewide art integration trainings each summer. Learn about this year’s offerings under INSTITUTES (Summer 2013) on our website. When grants and funding allow, we provide scholarships to teachers from member districts. This benefit alone is worth the membership fee.
- Access to communications networks, AAEC publications and resources.
- Recognition in Alaska State Council on the Arts and other state publications.
Membership begin October 1 and runs for 12 months, ending September 30th.
More information about memberships: Membership Letter (0)
Download a PDF 2013 Membership Sign Up Form 2013 Membership Form (113)
2012-2013 Members School Districts
Member Districts by their region and Board Representative Board by Region/Membership (118)
- Aleutians East School District
- Anchorage School District
- Bering Strait School District
- Chatham School District
- Copper River School District
- Denali School District
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
- Haines Borough School District
- Hoonah School District
- Iditarod School District
- Juneau School District
- Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough School District
- Kodiak Islands Borough School District
- Kuspuk School District
- Lower Kuskokwim School District
- Lower Yukon School District
- Mat-Su School District
- Nome City School District
- North Slope Borough School Disctrict
- Northwest Arctic Borough School District
- Nenana School District
- Pribilof Islands School District
- Sitka School District
- Wrangell School District
- Yukon-Koyukuk School District
- Yupiit School District
- Afognak Native Corporation
- Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE)
- Alaska State Council on the Arts (ASCA)
- Association of Alaska School Boards (AASB)
- Kennedy Center Alliance of Arts Education Network
- Koniag Regional Native Corporation
- Alaska Council of School Administrators (ACSA)
- University of Alaska Southeast (UAS)
$1000—districts over 250 students
$ 500—districts under 250 students
$ 300—districts under 100 students
Where can you find funding for the arts, teacher training or even joining the consortium?
Title II Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants can address teacher training, and portions of Title II funds can support joining nonprofit, arts/cultural organizations. Clearly, you can use parts of Title II funding to join the Alaska Arts Education Consortium.