In addition to her work with AAEC, some of Nita’s recent achievements include:
- Acted as Curriculum Specialist for ACHIEVE/IDEA.
- Directed and Instructed Cultural Arts for Yup’ik Arts (Pillingualilleq) Summer Institute, Bethel, Alaska.
- Consulted with Igiugig Village on Early Childhood Curriculum
- Acted as Alaska Arts Standards Committee Member
- Presented at Language Revitalization Conference, Albuquerque, for Port Graham
- Continued Consultant Services for Port Graham Sugcestun Revitalization
- Served as Cultural Knowledge Bearer for University of Alaska Outreach Program
There is more! She also:
- Is fluent in Yup’ik and English
- Has presented at numerous statewide conferences including the AFN Elders and Youth Conference
- Is a master seamstress, food gatherer, preparer and preserver, quilter, dancer and storyteller
- Has been a Teacher Leader at multiple AAEC Summer Arts Institutes
- Was a Teacher Mentor for the Alaska Native Teacher Preparation Project at UAF
- Published a Yup’ik and English children’s literature book
- Is a longstanding member of the Alaska Native Educator Association
- Developed 7 Yup’ik Art kits for the Lower Kuskokwim School District
- Developed a Guide to Implement the Alaska Cultural Standards for Educators
We are proud of you Nita!