Join and support the Alaska Arts Education Consortium
Select a tab below to learn more about District Memberships, or to become an individual or business supporter.
District Membership Information
AAEC is proud to begin our 14th year, with 16 District Members and 15 Partner Organizations to date, representing over 75% of Alaska students.
We are a non-profit organization committed to preparing and supporting educators so that they can teach the arts in and across the curriculum. We believe that all students can reach their full potential and that in many cases, the arts are key to student success.
To become an individual or business supporter, select the Individual and Business Supporters tab above.
Benefits for School District Members
As a member of AAEC you will receive:
- Priority space for your teachers in our statewide Arts Institute trainings each summer. Learn more about hosting or attending a training on our Institutes page. When grants and funding allow, we provide scholarships to teachers from member districts. This benefit alone is worth the membership fee.
- Occasionally we will assist districts in providing arts in services by helping provide presenters.
- Access to communications networks, AAEC publications and resources.
- Recognition in Alaska State Council on the Arts and other state publications.
Membership begin October 1 and runs for 12 months, ending September 30th.
Invitation to join letter FY 20
Districts can contact AAEC for a personalized membership invoice or use the attached generic invoice: General-Invoice-for-School-Districts.docx (184 downloads)
- $1000—districts over 250 students
- $ 500—districts under 250 students
- $ 300—districts under 100 students
Submit an Online District Membership and pay with a credit card or PayPal account by going to the DONATE button on the homepage. Thank you.
Member School Districts
Each year school districts join us, paying a membership fee according to the number of students. There are a number of districts that join nearly every year and AAEC thanks them and hope your district will join them. Many others join sometimes, depending on their needs and budgets. Please support the arts by joining us and we will help you in your district.
• Bering Strait
• Copper River
• Lower Kuskokwim
•Sitka School District
Other past Supporters and Partners:
• Afognak Native Corporation
• Alaska Community Foundation
• Alaska Council of School Administrators (ACSA)
• Alaska Department of Education and Early Development
• Alaska Humanities Forum
• Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE)
• Alaska State Council on the Arts (ASCA)
• Association of Alaska School Boards (AASB)
ª Bering Straits Native Corporation
• City of White Mountain Youth Activities Board
• Doyon Limited
• Kennedy Center VSA
• Koniag Regional Native Corporation
• National Endowment for the Arts
• Norton Sound Economic Development Corporation
ª Sealaska Heritage Institute
• Sitka Tribe of Alaska
• Sitnasuak Native Corporation
• Sitka Fine Arts Camp
• University of Alaska, various branches
Where can you find funding for the arts, teacher training or even joining the consortium?
Title II Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants can address teacher training, and portions of Title II funds can support joining nonprofit, arts/cultural organizations. Clearly, you can use parts of Title II funding to join the Alaska Arts Education Consortium.
Individual and Business Supporters
AAEC is funded through school district, individual, business and community support. Please help us achieve our goal of making the arts a part of every student’s school experience in Alaska. Sign up to receive our newsletter, make a donation, or simply add your name as a supporter.