Resources (0 downloads) “]Alaska Arts Education Consortium has compiled a variety of resources for Art Educators and Supporters of the Arts in Education.
Please select a tab below and scroll down the to browse collections of PDF documents, links to relevant online resources, and other relevant information and resources.
AAEC PDF Files
Forms, Posters and Publications available for download from our site.
- 2016 AAEC Teacher Leader Job Description (548 downloads)
- 2016 Teacher Leader Application (507 downloads)
- 2014-15 Membership Invoice (645 downloads)
- 2014-15 Membership Letter (615 downloads)
- BAI Application 2015 (524 downloads)
- 2014 Summer Institute Overview (563 downloads)
- Board by Region/Membership (994 downloads)
- ArtsStandardsPosterFINAL.pdf (182 downloads)
- Alaska Masterworks Series - David Mollett Poster (529 downloads)
- Alaska Masterworks Posters Information (499 downloads)
- Elements and Principles of Art Poster (4390 downloads)
- 21st Century Skills.pdf (878 downloads)
- Alaska Masterworks Series - Donny Varnell Poster (1025 downloads)
- Alaska Masterworks Series - Sheila Wyne Poster (991 downloads)
- A Short History of AAEC (402 downloads)
- 2014 Newsletter (394 downloads)
- Alaska Arts Education Month Proclamation 2014 (569 downloads)
- Smarts in Education: How is your school doing to make the arts part of learning? (876 downloads)
- Preserving Treasures (703 downloads)
- Time & Money: ... Value of Performing Arts report (765 downloads)
- Summary&Recommendations Re-Invest in Arts Education Report (PCAH) (968 downloads)
- Re-Investing in Arts Education (PCAH report May 2011) (787 downloads)
- Art Becomes the 4th R - Dr. Jason Ohler (834 downloads)
- Arts Infused Continuum (972 downloads)
- KCAAEN Advocacy Tool Kit Part 3 (979 downloads)
- KCAAEN Advocacy Tool Kit Part 2 (911 downloads)
- KCAAEN Advocacy Tool Kit Part 1 (865 downloads)
- Support of Art Monograph (989 downloads)
- Lasting Impact II (1105 downloads)
- Interdisciplinary Connections (819 downloads)
- Arts Education Green Paper 2010 (972 downloads)
- A Survey of Undergraduate Arts Majors' Attitudes toward Pursuing a Career in Arts Education (1405 downloads)
- On Thin Ice (1021 downloads)
- Lasting Impact (991 downloads)
Noteworthy Art Education Resources
Project Articulate is an online visual art website with lessons for grades K-8, from the Fairbanks Art Department. Download lesson plans and see images of the kits. All lessons have been developed and time-tested by the specialists at the Art Center in the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District.
Alaska Art Alaska Art is a site for teachers in grades K-12 to increase student learning through Alaska art and culture. You may use visual art LESSONS that are already created by Alaska teachers or create your own lessons using IMAGESof Alaska Art from the site. Registration is free. Files and images download as zip files.
Elements and Principles of Art Poster, This colorful and informative poster was created by the Project ARTiculate grant and is being distributed in Alaska. You may download a copy of the Elements and Principles of Art Poster (4390 downloads) .
The U.S. Department of Education has a newly remodeled and updated Federal Resources for Education Excellence (FREE) website. Over 1500 resources, ranging from primary historical documents, lesson plans, science visualizations, math simulations and online challenges, paintings, photos, mapping tools, and more. Provided by federal organizations and agencies such as the Library of Congress, National Archives, NEH, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian, NSF, and NASA. Check it out today at FREE! http://www.free.ed.gov
ARTstoris a not-for-profit initiative, founded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, with a mission to use digital technology to enhance scholarship, teaching and learning in the arts and associated fields. The ARTstor Digital Library Charter Collection is a repository of hundreds of thousands of digital images and related data and the tools to actively use those images. http://www.artstor.org
Cultural Collaborations Grants: With funding from the Rasmuson Foundation, the Alaska State Council on the Arts – Arts Education Program offers grants to encourage genuine collaborations among schools, youth-serving organizations, artists, and arts organizations to provide student access to high-quality arts activities. Grants may be used to establish, expand, or enhance arts and cultural programs for young people either during the school day or outside of the regular school day or year. If you have any questions, please call or email the Arts in Education staff: email@example.com; 907-269-6682 or toll free in Alaska 1-888-278-7424.
On Thin Ice: Arts Education in Alaska Schools
On Thin Ice comes at a critical time in our state’s history. While celebrating 50 years of statehood, we are also examining the quality of education in Alaska, and whether we are preparing students for success in school, work and life.
National studies indicate that the arts are a significant part of education: students who study arts as part of their K-12 education score higher on SAT tests, have a higher literacy rate and improved critical thinking skills – all crucial skills for preparing a 21st Century workforce. However, as On Thin Ice demonstrates, the arts are disappearing from the Alaska educational landscape.
In 2008 the Alaska State Council on the Arts collaborated with the Alaska Arts Education Consortium and the Alaska School Administrators Association to conduct a statewide, comprehensive survey to look at what is happening with the arts in our schools.
Download and Read On Thin Ice (1021 downloads)
What are you and your school doing to improve the learning for your students?