The Alaska Arts Education Consortium (AEEC) is a non-profit organization committed to preparing and supporting educators so that they can teach the arts in and across the curriculum. We believe that all students can reach their full potential and that in many cases, the arts are key to student success.
AAEC is proud to begin our 14th year, with 18 District Members and 15 Partner Organizations to date, representing over 75% of Alaska students.
Benefits for School District Members
As a member of AAEC you will receive:
- Priority space for your teachers in our statewide Arts Institute trainings each summer. Learn more about hosting or attending a training on our Institutes page. When grants and funding allow, we provide scholarships to teachers from member districts. This benefit alone is worth the membership fee.
- Free access to monthly Art Bytes– online professional development workshops in the arts for Alaska’s K-12 educators
- Assistance in organizing arts in-services for your District
- Access to communications networks, AAEC publications and resources,
- Recognition in Alaska State Council on the Arts and other state publications
Membership begin October 1 and runs for 12 months, ending September 30th.
How can my District join?
Districts can contact AAEC for a personalized membership invoice or use this generic invoice: General-Invoice-for-School-Districts.docx (448 downloads)
- $1000—districts over 250 students
- $ 500—districts under 250 students
- $ 300—districts under 100 students
Submit an Online District Membership and pay with a credit card or PayPal account by going to the DONATE button on the homepage. Thank you.
Where can you find funding for the arts, teacher training or even joining the consortium?
Title II Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants can address teacher training, and portions of Title II funds can support joining nonprofit, arts/cultural organizations. Your District can use parts of Title II funding to join the Alaska Arts Education Consortium.
Individual and Business Supporters
AAEC is funded through school district, individual, business and community support. Please help us achieve our goal of making the arts a part of every student’s school experience in Alaska. Sign up to receive our newsletter, make a donation, or simply add your name as a supporter.